BY LEON CHASE
1. “Slow Ride” (Live Version) - Foghat
For best results, drive slow while listening. For even better results, park.
2. “In A Gadda Da Vida” - Iron Butterfly
You’re only listening to it as a joke… until you realize you just spent the last seven minutes digging the drum solo.
3. “Sweet Leaf” - Black Sabbath
Ideal for playing loudly at parks, Dairy Queens, and bowling alley parking lots. Not so ideal when visiting parole officers.
4. “Suffer the Children” - Napalm Death*
5. “Wild Horses” - The Rolling Stones
Perfect for those harsh morning comedowns.
6. “Mommy, What’s a Funkadelic?” - Funkadelic
If you can’t get it on to this, you’re dead.
7. “Whole Lotta Love” - Led Zeppelin
The opening riff was actually written specifically for van speakers. That’s what my friend’s brother’s friend from work says, anyway. For extra fun, drive backward during the “weird” part.
8. “Running with the Devil” - Van Halen
Turn it up to let your date know you’ve arrived.
9. “Blitzgreig Bop” - The Ramones
Car commercials be damned—it’s still damn fine driving music. Especially if you don’t stop for red lights.
10. “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long” - Otis Redding
“Have you tried out the upholstery back there?”